Job Openings at Vestal UMC
Please complete the below application for any each job you wish to apply for.
Job Posting for the
DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS
Purpose: Direct and
coordinate Christian Education programs at Vestal United Methodist Church
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Skilled in recruitment of volunteers and in outreach to new
- Basic computer skills (Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Gifted in teaching and leading others of all ages.
- Ability to work in a committee/team environment.
- Bachelors degree in education, human services or church ministry
- Develop and implement the Christian Education
- Outreach and Publicity:
- Work with the Outreach and Publicity staff person to ensure a
thorough and aggressive outreach program.
- Reach out to new and inactive students through phone calls,
contacts to parents of children and youth, face-to-face conversations, email and social media, etc.
- Coordinate weekly Sunday School program for children, youth and
adults (including Nursery).
- Evaluate, recommend, and order educational materials.
- Provide guidance and aid with lesson plans, as needed.
- Recruit and train teachers and helpers.
- Coordinate substitute teachers and helpers, as needed.
- Direct Vacation Bible School.
- Maintain records of volunteers of the Christian Education
- Implement and monitor Safe Sanctuary
- Facilitate volunteers in recording Sunday School data.
- Organize room assignments and other logistics.
- Education Team:
- Attend and participate in team quarterly meetings
- Work with Coordinators to plan and develop special Sunday School programs such as
Rally Day, Bible Sunday, Children’s Day, Confirmation, and monthly mission offerings.
- Help the Chair of Education Team prepare annual budget.
- Ensure that volunteers are recognized through special dedication
- Prepare 10 annual church newsletter (Evangel) articles with input from
volunteers. Work with the marketing staff person to advertise our education program and events.
- Bring maintenance needs, equipment problems, and improvement
suggestions to the attention of the custodian and/or Trustees.
- Be present and available on Sunday mornings while Sunday School is in session.
Have church office hours, with no more than 10% of work hours being done remotely. Attend all staff meetings.
- The salary for the Director of Religious Education is based on 12 hours per week, on
Additional stipends provided for 4 weeks (3 prior to and
including VBS week) and 3 weeks prior to Rally Day.
completion of background check required for any VUMC employee.
possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited
to, the following such as sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting, climbing, speaking, hearing, writing, lifting, typing, filing, seeing and reading.
The Vestal United
Methodist Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
application submission is Monday, July 12th.